- Developed in 1963 by Marketing Evaluation Inc., an American company
- Q score is influenced by both people’s familiarity with the subject and their favourability towards it.
- It is widely used for selecting the right celebrity endorser for brand advertisement.
- The Q score answers the question “how appealing is the person among those who know him or her?”
- First the respondents are asked to indicate two things- whether they seen or heard about the selected celebrity? Secondly, if yes , then the respondents are asked to rate the celebrities on a scale that includes-
- One of my favourites, 2. Very good, 3. Good, 4. Fair, 5. Poor,
Then after marketing companies suggest celebrity name to companies for brand advertisement.